Finding the Right Electricity Company in Tomball, Texas
APG&E is one of the great electricity companies in Tomball, Texas known for their quality services, If you are searching for an energy provider you can trust, follow along with APG&E to learn more. Named after Thomas Henry Ball, who helped develop the Port of Houston, Tomball is a city north of Houston that has maintained its small-town charm even though it continues to develop and grow.
The city hosts many award-winning festivals such as a Bluegrass Festival, Honky Tonk Chili Challenge, and a whole festival dedicated to crawfish – a Texan favorite. APG&E is proud to be part of this lively city by providing energy to the community and surrounding area.
Related Post: Average electric bills in the U.S.
Top Electricity Plans You Need To Know About
If you are looking for an electricity company in Tomball, it's important to familiarize yourself with the top energy plans so that you are aware of how prices and costs work.
1. Variable Rate Plan
Variable electricity means the rate can vary or fluctuate from month to month. The provider can change the price based on the specific parameters of the offer. This is a great choice if you’re leasing for a short period or don’t want to sign up for a long contract.
- May save you the most money – you will be able to benefit from declining energy prices
- Zero cancellation fees – you will have the freedom to switch energy providers or begin a new plan anywhere you wish
- Ideal for people that move frequently and don't want to be locked into a plan
- Susceptible to a big spike in monthly cost – if energy prices increase dramatically, your bill will reflect that cost
- The monthly bill is unpredictable
- Any spike in prices could affect your financial stability
2. Fixed-Rate Plan
Fixed electricity means there is a set electricity rate per kilowatt-hour that will be constant throughout the contract. The amount of energy used will determine the energy bill, but there won’t be any electricity rate fluctuation. This straightforward plan is popular. If you are locked into this plan, then you may already know that the contractual agreement length may vary. Mostly all fixed-rate plans last about two years but again, they may vary. Early spring is the peak time to sign on to this type of plan because it is the time after winter and right before summer. This means rates are typically lower. Follow along with us to learn about the pros and cons of the fixed-rate plan!
- Saves the most money during times when prices are rising
- Reliability and consistency meaning you will not be shocked by your monthly energy bill
- Easier to budget because you will know that your bill will be consistent
- No flexibility
- Early termination fees
- Stuck paying the same rate even when energy prices decrease
3. Index Price Plan
The index electricity plan rate is composed of two different aspects that include the adder and the real-time market price. The adder is set and constant when you sign the contract. The rate on the bill is the adder along with the real-time market price of electricity. This plan is the most complex but can save money if you're on top of the market price.Pros:
- Rate may be variable – so you will have the same benefits of a Variable Rate Plan
- Rate can also be fixed – the same benefits that of a fixed-rate plan
- Freedom to decide
- The price of the variable rate can decrease or increase – this means your monthly energy bill can fluctuate monthly
- Consumers should be active and involved in comprehending the energy price of the variable and how it affects an energy bill
- Requires the most customer research and knowledge of the 3 plans
Learn some tips on how to save money on a monthly energy bill, visit our blog
Related Post: Get emergency help with your monthly electric bill
Switching Energy Companies in Tomball
It may be time to think about your energy provider and switch to one that better fits your needs. First, see if there are any early termination fees if you need to cancel your current contract. Call your provider to find this information. After you leave your current contract, then it’s time to look into other companies and do your research on plans and prices. Once you find the best fit for you and your lifestyle, it’s time to sign up. This can usually be done online. Texas energy companies do a complete credit check, so make sure you have the necessary information. Visit the electricity shopping site for more information on energy rates. Sign up with APG&E, today! At APG&E we do our best to provide affordable and flexible plans for the Tomball community. Reach out to our support team at email@example.com or 1-877-LIGHT-57 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Related Post: What are TDU/TDSP Charges?
Arlington, Baytown, Bishop, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Cypress, Dallas, Decker Prairie, Fort Worth, Galveston, Goodrich, Grand Prairie, Houston, Huffman, Ingleside, Irving, Katy, Kingwood, Kingsville, League City, Lewisville, Magnolia, Mansfield, Mathis, McKinney, Missouri City, North Richland Hills, Orange Grove, Pasadena, Pearland, Plano, Port Aransas, Robstown, Rockport, Roman Forest, Rosenberg, Sinton, Spring, Tomball, Willis,