Discover the captivating world of LED energy-saving lights and how they can illuminate your home and brighten your mood! Let colors work their magic...
Energy Saving LED Light Bulbs For Your Home
LED light bulbs to help save on home energy costs. The low power consumption, high reliability, and long lifespan of LEDs allow for energy savings!
LED lights save energy -- it's true.
Being environmentally friendly is often associated with higher costs, leading many consumers to shy away from products that are labeled “Green.” However, the opposite is true of LED lighting. Investing in these more efficient bulbs creates a long-term benefit for consumers’ wallets as well as the earth. If you’re looking for an easy first step in going green, that will also lower your electric bill, switching from traditional light sources to LED is the way to go. Follow along with APG&E to learn more about energy saving led light bulbs.
LED LIGHTS SAVE ENERGY IN YOUR HOME
Light-emitting diodes, better known as LED lights, are the most energy-efficient lighting option on the market today. The bulbs can be used for both indoor and outdoor lighting and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. While it is true that they have a higher initial cost than traditional light bulbs, it is an investment that pays for itself quickly.
The change to LED is affecting more than just homeowners. Companies across a variety of industries have made the switch to LED lighting. For example, Lexus has made the decision to use LEDs for the headlights of all their cars. Target is also leading the charge by only using LED lighting in-store 1.
Here are Some of the Facts about Energy Saving LED light Bulbs:
- The lights can be in a range of sizes and can be built into almost anything.
- LED bulbs consume approximately 85% less energy than traditional light bulbs.
- The average LED lifespan is more than 40 times longer than the average incandescent.
- LED bulbs last 50,000 hours on average, while newer models can last for 100,000. This dramatically improves upon the 1,000 hours of Incandescent lighting or even the 10,000 of fluorescent lighting.
- LED products produce light with very little heat and can operate effectively on low voltage systems.
- LED light distribution is focused in a single direction vs. traditional incandescent bulbs that can scatter light in every direction. Ensuring that the emitted light isn't wasted.
- LED bulbs are recyclable, compared to compact fluorescent lamps bulbs that contain mercury.
- LED bulbs emit visible light only not UV light (which attracts fewer bugs when used outside)2.
Traditional Light Bulbs vs. LED Lights
LED lights will likely phase out the traditional light bulbs in the next few years. Competition in the LED lighting marketplace has rapidly grown, and LED prices have dropped dramatically. In 2009, there were less than 400,000 installations of home LED bulbs, but just five years later, in 2014, there were 78 million installations 3. This energy-efficient replacement is set to save $20 billion in energy costs for the United States. The savings aren't only economic, LED bulbs will cut the country’s carbon emissions by 100 million metric tons per year 4. Significant energy savings aren't the only benefit.
LED lighting can also help to make your home smarter. Homes across the United States are becoming “smarter,” allowing everything from your refrigerator to your AC system to be controlled from a smartphone. LED lighting has enabled the creation of smart bulbs that allow a person to schedule and manage their lights. Some more advanced models can even customize color or brightness, allowing you to choose from soft white, or pure white light based on the time of day. Some LED light strips can even be programmed to display patterns in time with music 5. We at APG&E love being your electricity provider, but we also love when our customers can save money on their bill while being energy efficient. If you haven’t already switched to LED, now is the time!
Save Money with the Best Light Company, Today.
If you are ready to take your power back and save money on your utility costs, then APG&E is here to help. We provide energy solutions to customers in Texas, New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Contact us today for more information. For related content, be sure to check out our blog.