1. Bring the party outside and take full advantage of your grill. Whether you swear by charcoal or propane, beef or veggie burgers, by cooking outdoors you are reducing your energy costs. Don't forget about your environmental footprint we wrote a great article about How to Host a Green Cookout that you might be interested in reading.
2. Don't have a grill - don't worry! Use a slow cooker, microwave, or toaster oven to reduce the heat in your kitchen and save you money. Smaller kitchen appliances use up to 75% less energy than a large electric oven (WOW)!
3. Consider no bake desserts, such as these peanut butter bars! Or try grilling s'mores just as delicious as on a camp fire!
4. Use an ice chest for your ice and drinks. This will prevent you and your guests from having to open the refrigerator and freezer repeatedly letting out cool air. This works if you are entertaining inside or out! A kiddie pool pool works great for extra drink storage and has the added bonus of a place to cool off in after the drinks are all gone!
5. Use solar-powered lights for your evening party. You can find almost any type of light that you would like, from the whimsical to the more utilitarian.
6. Run your dishwasher only when it is full and then air dry your dishes. Do not use the heated dry option as this uses an unnecessary amount on energy.
Have other ideas? Let us know on Facebook!
Jun 10, 2022 12:58:12 PM
Oct 22, 2018 1:11:31 PM
Jul 27, 2022 1:26:32 PM